Rigid Industries LED Lighting was featured on “Doomsday,” a custom built 4X4 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon by Dave Doetsch of Doetsch Off-Road. AMSOIL, the leader in synthetic lubrication since 1972, recently featured Doomsday as the AMSOIL SEMA Feature of the Week on their blog.
Here is the complete list of all the Rigid Industries LED Lighting products used on the Doomsday Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
- 50” E2-Series LED Light Bar
- Jeep JK Upper Windshield Mount for 50” E2-Series Light Bar
- Jeep JK Fog Light Replacement Kit Brackets
- High Power Wiring Harness for 50” E2-Series LED Light Bar
- Back-up Kit Harness for SR-M LED Lights
- D2 Wiring Harness for A-Pillar Lights
- Tail Light Mounting Bracket for SR-M LED Lights (Driver Side)
- Tail Light Mounting Bracket for SR-M LED Lights (Passenger Side)
- Q-Series A-Pillar Mounting Kit
- D2 LED Light Pair – Used as Fog Lights
- Q-Series Flood for A-Pillar
- SR-M LED Light Pair – used as back-up lights
- D2 Wiring Harness for 6” E-Series LED Lights
- E-Series 20” Flood used at front and rear of rack roof
- 6” E-Series LED Light Bar – Diffused
- 20” Patented RDS-Series LED Light Bar
- E/SR-Series Universal Tube Clamp Mounting Kit
Dave describes himself as a Jeep Addict. “Jeeps have been in my life since my early childhood,” Dave said. “I bought my first Jeep, a 1979 CJ5, while I was still in high school in the early 1990s.” Dave spoke briefly about how his first Jeep kept on breaking down but he was hooked and has owned over 15 Jeeps since then.
After forming Doetsch Off-Road in 2009, he has gone on to work with top brands in the automotive aftermarket; which has ensured generations were exposed to and could experience the same “Jeep Fever” that got Dave hooked as a child.
Dave’s favorite build so far, is one of his recent Jeeps he built last year for the 2013 SEMA Show. He called it “Doomsday.” The theme was a portrayal of the ultimate post-apocalyptic zombie assault vehicle. “It was great doing this build since it wasn’t meant to be serious, though everything on it was functional including the 10+ SOG machetes, knives, and axes that were incorporated all over it, just in case you had to defend against a zombie attack. Never hurts to be prepared,” Dave said.
When it came to the choice of engine for Doomsday, Dave knew no other brand but AMSOIL. “In my opinion, AMSOIL has a great history in supporting the off-road aftermarket, and carries a product for literally every fluid that flows in my Jeeps – from brakes, to transmissions, to engine oils. There’s no reason to use any other brands when you know that AMSOIL synthetics are the original.” Dave explained.
Dave is very active in 4X4 off-road groups such as Hero Off-Road and Copperstate 4-Wheeler, which support the off-road lifestyle and give back to his local community. “Being located in the Southwest means we have abundant access to some of the best rock crawling spots in the U.S.,” Dave said.
Supporting off-road groups and attending SEMA every year since 2009, has helped Dave make life-long connections in the off-road industry. “Being able to meet with creative and successful manufacturers and industry attendees in one spot, can only happen at SEMA,” Dave explained.
Dave has been a partner with AMSOIL since 2011 and has won many awards for his 4X4 Jeep projects that are shown at SEMA yearly. His personal, customized Jeep builds are not only show-worthy, but they are capable of taking on the most challenging sand dunes and rigorous off-road trails.
This fall Dave will be heading to SEMA with two new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon’s that are surely going to capture yet another award.